Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pony

After such a good Friday, I was feeling pretty good going into work on Saturday night.  Thankfully, I was feeling pretty good walking out of work too.


The song of the day is Pony, by Erin McCarley.  The tune of the song makes me smile and that's what I did on my way home from work for no particular reason.  It was a busy night and my admission from the emergency department ended up being transferred to intensive care, but it was still a good night.


Here are some of the lyrics - 


It’s time for you to prove,
Within your ruby shoes
You deserve a smile with no regret,
Look at you
Kicking off your shoes,
Dancing for the world to see,



I deserve to smile without having to say why, but just smile for the heck of it and because I feel like it.  I am always surprised at the looks I get when I'm walking with a smile on my face.  It's like people are thinking, "why is she smiling, nothing good is happening."  Well, how do they know?  A smile can brighten your day and make you feel like you're dancing inside.


When was the last time that you smiled at someone passing by?

No comments:

Post a Comment