Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Alright, another Christmas song :-)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, by Johnny Mathis.

I love walking to work in the city at night now because I can marvel at all of the lights along Chicago and Michigan Ave.  Love them!  They sparkle, they shine, they make people happy!

My apartment has looked like Christmas for over a week and I added my final ornaments that I took from my parent's house to my Christmas tree; it looks great!

I went home for the afternoon today to get a hair cut and ended up staying for the rest of the evening decorating the tree with my mom while my dad and brother came in and out to watch.  I absolutely love my parent's house/my house (is it ok for me to still call it my house even though I technically don't live there anymore?) at Christmas time.  We put white lights all on the outside along the roofline and bushes in the front and then the tree has colored lights so it looks really pretty from the outside.  Then in the inside we have all of the decorations that I've grown up seeing that just make me feel so comfortable and safe.  It wouldn't feel like Christmas without so many of those decorations that I've seen for as long as I can remember.

My favorite decoration is a small silver bell that I believe came from my Nana.  We've had it for, you guessed it, as long as I can remember.  I remember being really little and winding it up to hear it play the 'silver bells' song and thinking that it was the prettiest song in the world.  My second favorite decoration is our tree-skirt.  It's really nothing special, but I also remember being little and thinking that it was one of the most beautiful little things I'd ever seen.  I couldn't wait to get it out for Christmas and wear it around as an actual skirt.  I actually held it up around my waist last year and couldn't believe that I'd ever been so tiny!

What's your favorite Christmas decoration?

No comments:

Post a Comment