Monday, December 20, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I had a great weekend with my girlfriends :-).

Thursday I got to know some of my fellow staff nurses at work better at the holiday party - not the greatest turn-out, but it was really good to get to see them outside of work.

Friday I woke up and had a full day planned that included hosting a holiday party at my apartment.  Unfortunately, I could barely talk and so my party was cancelled.  I was upset but I had a busy Saturday and Sunday planned that I knew I couldn't be even more sick for.

Saturday was one of my good friends' wedding and it was a blast!  My friend and I met in college and ended up working together for a few months at my new job before she left for her own new job.  We've gotten really close in the past year and it was so fun to celebrate her big day with her.  She was beautiful and everything about the wedding rang true to her personality.  One of the best parts was also that it brought a number of our friends together who I haven't seen in quite awhile.  Here's a picture of some of us girls (and a boy) from school -

After the wedding we all headed back to the hotel and hung out for a little while more and had a lot of fun catching up and just enjoying the time together.

Sunday night was an evening spent with some high school friends at a Blackhawks game.  We went to a game last year and had a blast, so I think we've found a new Winter tradition.  This time we had standing room only tickets again and had a lot of fun goofing off and cheering on the Hawks to their 3-2 win over the LA Kings.



The song of the weekend is Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.'  It's one of my favorite songs and was even my ring-tone for awhile, and it totally describes my weekend spent with my high school and college girls.

I am currently sitting on my couch with the Christmas tree all lit up and watching TV, something I feel like I haven't done in forever!  I am loving my relaxation before I work the next three nights and then head home for Christmas and some family time.

After being sick late last week and the eventful weekend, I have completely lost my voice... so hopefully it comes back before I have to head to work tomorrow night or I have a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment