Thursday, December 2, 2010

I had another day off today and went down into the loop to meet up with some people and to get some Christmas shopping done.


My first stop was to meet a girl from college who I haven't seen or talked to in over 2 years.  I don't know that I would say we were real friends in college, but we had a few common activities/groups that we were in.  It was so good to see her and to hear about what she's been up to.  


From there I went over to the Christkindlmarket and enjoyed walking around and looking at all of the booths and admiring the artisan's work.  I bought a gift for both my Godson and Godmother.  Soo much better than my usual Target gifts.  After that I too a relaxed walk up State street and Michigan Avenue to Loyola's Water Tower campus to meet up with another friend from school who I had lived with sophomore year.  It was really nice catching up with her and hearing her crazy school social work stories.


Do you ever have those days where you just walk and think?  That ended up being the majority of my day, and it felt good.  Nobody to be worrying about carrying on a conversation with, walking my own pace and stopping wherever I wanted to stop.


Song of the day = 'Have you Ever' by Brandi Carlile.


It was hard to pick a song about my day today, but then I stumbled across this one.  If I picture it in my head I see a person walking along by themselves thinking about the way their life has turned out and where they see it going.  I see them passing by scenes of their life and making their own path.


While I followed the city sidewalks today, and instead of passing scenes from my life passed some very pretty Christmas windows, I enjoyed my lonely day and my one on one time with the big guy upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment