Saturday, November 27, 2010

Raise the Tree

It's been a few days since my last post... I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed a good weekend filled with time spent with family and friends.


Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I can finally accept that Christmas is on it's way!  I worked Thursday (Thanksgiving night) but yesterday after some sleep I went into the loop and met up with my sister and a number of her friends from school for some of the Black Friday madness.  We went through Marshall Fields Macy's and looked at all of the decorations and the famous Christmas windows.  Then we walked along Michigan Avenue and marveled at all of the people and lights and had dinner in Lincoln Park at an awesome restaurant called Cafe Ba Ba Reeba (http://www.cafebabareeba.com/chicago) which I had never been to before, but will definitely be going back to!  It was delicious and we had a lot of fun!  I recommend the Passion Fruit Sangria :-).  After dinner we headed over to a fun bar and ended the night with a big slumber party, a movie, and a fire in my fireplace - all in all we had a really fun time!


Today my roommate and I had a 'roomie day' and once our guests had left we set up the Christmas tree she bought last week and decorated the apartment.  We ran some errands, I went home for dinner and then came back and hung out with her and one of my high school friends.  Currently I'm sitting on the couch, loving the Christmas tree and the way that the lights are shining. 


The song of the day is 'Raise the Tree' by Trent Dabbs.  


Honestly, I'm really not much of a Christmas music person, but this song is one of my favorites and I sometimes will even listen to it in the  middle of the summer!  I love the simplicity of this song and have so many good memories of setting up my family Christmas tree.


Enjoy the start of the holiday season everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment