Monday, November 15, 2010

My Generation

Hello world, how have you been?  After 3 nights of work and a day at the doctors office today, I'm back!


I heard a song on the radio on my way back to my apartment tonight and thought 'wow, I cannot remember the last time I heard this!'  I'm thinking the last time I listened to it was probably in middle school using my precious CD and portable CD player - gasp, do those still exist?! - which I thought was the coolest thing ever!


What CD was it?  N'Sync!  Their first CD.  What song was it?  Tearin' Up My Heart.  I remember listening to this CD over and over again going to and from Michigan.  I'm sure I was thinking about how cute Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez were.  I also remember thinking how cool it would be when I was a grown up, driving and living in an apartment in the city (and no, I'm not lying about this- I vividly remember thinking this while taking Lake Shore Drive home for the last leg of the way home from the lake).  Well, tonight I heard this song while driving my car to my apartment.  My life is now complete. 


Anyway, I just decided to google my generation.  Don't ask how my thought process for this worked.  Google is my answer to most of my mental whims and curiosities.  I found this article, and I think that a lot of what they say is spot-on.


http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/fashion/23nostalgia.html


This article was one of few that had many nice things to say about my generation, Generation Y.


So the song of the day is... My Generation - by The Beatles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment