Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Love College

It's been two and a half years since I graduated college and this weekend is homecoming at my alma mater.  While I cannot go this year, I am reminded of all of my incredible friends and memories from my four years of college.

One song that my friends and I repeatedly sang our senior year was called "I Love College" by Asher Roth.  We heard it on our spring break trip and for the rest of the year we played it constantly.

I love the life that I've been living since college and am so grateful for all of the opportunities that I have been given, but I still miss the feeling of being on a college campus walking across the quad in my jeans and jacket marveling at the changing leaves and saying hello to so many people on a daily basis.  I miss having such a big part of my group just a few steps from me and always available for a chat or hangout.

I suppose a better song would be "I Miss College."  However, then I would be wanting a song about loving my post-college life :-).  Can't have the best of both worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment