Saturday, December 17, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes)

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens    (Yes)
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens  (Doesn't really matter to me)
Brown paper packages tied up with strings  (Love the idea, too bad it doesn't happen anymore)
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels (Don't really think about it)
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles (Doorbells and sleigh bells, yes)
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings (It's a pretty sight)
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes  (White and blue? Yes, please)
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes (YES)
Silver white winters that melt into springs (Yes)
These are a few of my favorite things



I grew up somewhat obsessed with The Von Trapp Family and Fraulein Maria from The Sound of Music.  Due to my love for that movie, a few of my favorite things have been biased because I love the song, "These are a Few of My Favorite Things."  In the movie I love the song and I love the scene in which it takes place.


Well, this song jumped into my mind this morning when I woke up, looked out the window and saw some REAL snow!  I'm excited to go out and play!


I am also now in the mood to watch this movie.... I'm sure it will be on TV soon as it usually is around Christmas time... or my parents have it on VHS... hmmm... I may have to go steal it from them sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment