Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas is just days away and everything is coming together.


This afternoon I went home to help my parents get our house all set and clean for our extended family to come over on Christmas day.  My little brother got home from school tonight and we all went out to dinner and it was great!  


I came back to my apartment after dinner (because I have to work Thursday and Friday - I don't know how people have jobs where they have to work 5 days a week...) and on the drive I was admiring the Christmas decorations - especially the lights - and I couldn't help but think that it really is a wonderful time of year.  Not that the rest of the year isn't great, but there is just something special about the anticipation of the holidays and of seeing friends and family that you haven't seen for a while.  


Once I was home I turned my Christmas tree lights on as well as the lights I've got decorating the kitchen, played some Christmas music and used my newly fixed oven (I am so grateful to have a landlord that responds quickly to my roommate and I when we have a problem) to bake a batch of cookies to bring to work tomorrow.  I also made a very delicious looking chicken/pasta/broccoli meal that I will eat for dinner for the next few days.  


All in all, it was a very productive day and I will be humming myself to sleep with the song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (my favorite version of this song is sung by Frank Sinatra).


Don't know if I'll get a chance to write again before the holidays, if I don't, may all of you celebrating have a blessed time with your families and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment