Monday, September 26, 2011

Wait For Me

This past weekend I had the joy of attending the wedding of one of my best college friends.  She is not the first of my really good friends to be married, not even the first to start having babies.  


While I couldn't be happier to see my friends so happy with their lives, it is still a bit of a slap in the face.  I am not a jealous person and I don't typically covet what others have.  However, when I see my friends so happy and finding the person that they want to spend the rest of their lives with, I can't help but want what they have.  I hope and pray that someday I find someone who I can spend the rest of my own life with and that God has a man in his plan for me.  


The song of my day is by Rebecca St. James and it's called "Wait For Me."


How do I know if that is His plan for me though?  I know, I'm young, I have plenty of time - at least that's what I tell myself... but that doesn't mean that I still don't hope that I get to experience what they are experiencing sooner rather than later.  I guess I just have to continue to remind myself that while I am waiting for 'that guy,' 'that guy' is out there, somewhere, waiting for me too.  

1 comment: