Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Indescribable

I just got home from the most amazing trip!  I took a long weekend trip to Denver, Colorado, where I visited with my little brother and got to see some of my extended family as well.


On Friday we walked around downtown Denver and Saturday was a packed day with hiking up a mountain at Chautauqua near Boulder.  I have never hiked before, and I still can't believe that I climbed up a mountain!  I climbed a mountain!  The whole time I was just in awe.  On Saturday night my brother and I were so exhausted that all we did was go see Horrible Bosses (which I highly recommend if you feel like laughing!).  Sunday morning we got up bright and early and drove out (and up) to Mt Evans.  What a beautiful location.  The mountain was absolutely gorgeous with snow covered peaks, pure lakes, mountain goats, and mountain views for as far as the eye could see.  We made a stop at the Red Rocks Amphitheater on the way back to Denver where we then had lunch with our extended family.  It was so nice to see them-it had been almost exactly a year since I had seen them.  After lunch my brother and I watched the end of the Women's World Cup game with some of his friends before heading over to the Coors Brewery in Golden, CO.  I like Coors, but I have to admit, Coors has nothing on the Anheuser-Busch tour.  Sunday night we hung out with a bunch of my brothers friends and just relaxed.  Monday morning, yesterday, we had a really nice breakfast at a cute little cafe in downtown Denver before we went over to my brothers favorite bookstore.  After browsing for a bit it was time for me to leave :-(.


I LOVED my time in Colorado - what an absolutely beautiful, majestic place.  The song of my weekend is Indescribable, by Chris Tomlin.  While looking at the mountains, and walking through them, I was in awe of God's creation.  God's hands made those mountains and he painted the sunsets that I witnessed.  He created the beautiful lakes and streams and views.  God is amazing!  While I saw this so clearly in Colorado, I know that His creation is beautiful no matter where I am - I just can't get complacent with what I'm seeing around me and remember that all of His creation is beautiful whether it's something that I see every day or once in a lifetime.


Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend -
Half-way up Mt. Evans

Chautauqua

The view driving into the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment