Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Greased Lightening

My day off of work has been spent dealing with my car.  Therefore, the song of my day is 'Greased Lightening' from one of my all-time favorite musicals, Grease.  I can recite the words and arm movements of this scene from the movie and am not ashamed to admit it!


The trouble with my car started a few weeks ago when the right passenger seat flooded with water.  And when I say 'flooded,' I mean standing water was on the floor of the passenger seat.  I cleaned it up, attributed it to the air conditioner drain being blocked by leaves or something and haven't had a problem with it since.  However, on Friday afternoon, when I was trying to get to a wedding, the car would not start.  Everything turned on, but there was absolutely no sound coming from the engine.  Uh oh.  BIG uh oh.  I had to improvise and ended up taking the L to my brothers and basically hijacked his car.  


I tried jumping the car on Saturday with my roommates boyfriend (no luck).  Today my dad came down and we tried changing out the battery (no luck) and looked at all of the fuses (no luck).  So.  My car is now all by itself at a dealer in the city.  The tow truck driver who came was an elderly guy who looked exactly like the guy who played the basketball coach on One Tree Hill.  He called me 'kid' and 'little thing' and asked me why with an Irish name like mine I live up on the Northside instead of the Southside.  I told him I was a transplant but that I might have to move if the Cubs keep up their terrible act of being a baseball team.  


I suppose if my biggest problem is my car not starting then I am doing pretty well :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment