Thursday, March 24, 2011

Halo

So... it's been a crazy week, sorry I haven't written in awhile.  My reason for writing this blog was to give myself a place to get things off of my chest and to try and be creative; the goal wasn't to have a lot of people reading this, so I suppose I don't really need to apologize.


Anyway.


The song of the past week is Halo, by Beyonce.  It's not really the whole song, but really just the first few lyrics - 


Remember those walls I built
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound


I've recently begun seeing somebody, nothing official yet, just dating.  We started off by talking a lot - almost every day for 2 weeks - and then went on our first date, which was quickly followed by dates two and three.  He's on vacation now and pretty much as soon as he gets back I'll be away, so I'm hoping that when we're back in the same place we can start up where we left off.  


The reason I chose Halo for the song is because I am typically a very guarded person.  It takes awhile for me to feel comfortable with someone and to tell them what I'm thinking.  Sometimes this keeps me from even having a good conversation.  This wasn't the case with this person.  I haven't had any trouble being open with him, and it doesn't seem like he is having any trouble telling me about his life and upbringing.  It feels really nice to have no barriers and to not be worried about 'the walls I built.'  They are still there a little bit, I can feel them, but they're feeling pretty weak and thin right now, like they could topple over with just a gust of wind, which is a great feeling.


Do you have walls up?  What's keeping you from taking them down?

No comments:

Post a Comment