Thursday, August 23, 2012

God's Been Good To Me

This past weekend I was up in Wisconsin Dells, WI for a fun weekend with some girls from work.  I never would've guessed that as a 25 year old I could've had so much fun at a water and theme park.  It was a BLAST!  We rode some roller coasters, went down the water slides, messed around, went out and had a really fun time together.  This group of friends is great because we all know what the other does at work and therefore there is an understanding of what the other has gone through so it makes us all on a really nice common playing field.  We all have different backgrounds and friends too so when we are together there is no drama which is fantastic!

This weekend I'm going to spend a day with some friends from college and then hopefully relax in my apartment.  While I was hoping to just hang low and spend an entire weekend in Chicago (which I haven't done since the end of June other than for weekends when I had to work), that will have to wait. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about having to travel to see my friends, I just can't wait to have a weekend with nothing to do!

Every day I am amazed at how good God has been to me.  I had my iTunes on shuffle today and what do you know, Keith Urban's song "God's Been Good To Me" played.  How perfect :-).

So, those are my comments for the day.  Nothing too crazy or deep about it other than that I feel blessed to live the life that I am living.

1 comment: