Friday, May 13, 2011

Say What You Need to Say

So a couple of weeks ago I said that I would muster up every ounce of confidence I had.  I didn't.  I chickened out for two weeks and finally said what I needed to say last night.  


I'm not the biggest fan of John Mayer, but his song, "Say What You Need to Say" fits perfectly with how I'm feeling today.


I said what I needed to say and it feels sooooooooo good to have it done.  I had nothing to lose and everything to gain, and I definitely would not say that I lost in this situation.  The person who I needed to talk to now knows how I feel and I know how they feel and where they're coming from and hopefully that will help us to move along and progress in our relationship.  We had a very real, candid conversation and it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my chest.  Yes! 


Part of me is thinking why the heck did I wait so long to have that conversation, but at the same time, I'm glad I waited because it felt like the prime, most appropriate time to do it.


Smiling today!  My wish for anyone reading this is that you have a reason to be smiling today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment