Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If Everyone Cared

I had the night off tonight, so I was able to watch a number of news programs that I don't typically watch (I'm usually more of a CNN.com kinda girl so I can pick and choose what news I want to be aware of).

I think about the fact that I am just one person out of billions on this planet a lot.  Often times I think, 'well, who cares if I don't recycle that newspaper' or 'I don't have time to hold the door for that person a few steps back.'  Well, what if I cared a little bit more.  What if we all cared a little bit more.

Today's song is Nickelback's "If Everyone Cared."  One of the lyrics is 'And as we lie beneath the starts we realize how small we are.'  What if everyone remembered how small we are, but what a great impact each of us could have if we all cared about our planet and about the people around us?

If everyone cared a little bit more, maybe we could see an end to bullying.  Maybe we could see an end to war.  Maybe we could see an end to the extreme waste and destruction of our planet.  Maybe we could all get off of our computers and do something nice for someone.  Stop texting and get off your phone and be aware.  Smile at the person you're walking past, they could be having the worst day of their life and a smile could change the course of their day.  Take a moment to step outside of yourself and see that even you, a single person on the planet, can make a true difference if you just care.

No comments:

Post a Comment